Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wrapping Kelly in Love


I made this quilt for our wonderful daughter-in-law, Kelly. When we lived in California, Kelly spent many Sunday afternoons at our kitchen table with me and my sewing buddies - waiting for her boyfriend Sam to finish Tutoring for the day - so she knew what went into putting one together.  To make sure Kelly felt like one of the family (after Sam and Kelly were engaged) I wanted to make a quilt for her, just as I had for my other children. 

Kelly picked the pattern and colors 
Then I cut some random width strips, and started piecing




Once the blocks were made, I had Kelly help with the arrangement  (at our last California Thanksgiving before our big move)




I wrapped her in this love on my last night in California. Phew!  finished just in the nick of time!  (I'm noticing that I was wearing sandals, in January.  Yup, that's Los Angeles weather.)



Here's the back:



We are so lucky to have Kelly in our family.  Thanks for picking her Sam!

Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment