Friday, March 17, 2023

Yikes! Swimsuits

 

 Swimsuits! 

6" x 7"   March 17, 2023
paper piecing, couched cord, machine quilting
in response to Project Quilting 14.6:  Conquer a Fear



This is a tongue-in-cheek response to my, and most women's, fear of trying on swimsuits in preparation for warm weather.  

I found an online pieced swimsuit pattern, on the list of free patterns from Moda.  It was traditional piecing, which I translated to foundation piecing because I prefer it.  I also have a challenge from my Stitch Lab at Gotham Quilts to create something using couching, so I made it look like these swimsuits were hanging on a clothesline. 

Thanks to Kim and Trish at Project Quilting for a fun season of challenges! 

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the other day that I may need to go swimsuit shopping and my immediate response to the thought was, nah.... I can wait a few more years! Nicely done and the couched clothesline is a perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so hard on ourselves, right? I saw a picture of myself in a bathing suit when I was in college. WOWSA! why did I think I didn't look good??!

      Delete
  2. Love this! My family is heading to Hawaii soon. I've found "Swim dresses" and I LOVE them! I feel comfortable and I can swim or just hang out in them without the super self-consciousness I usually feel. I often get compliments too which is nice ;)

    ReplyDelete