Saturday, September 5, 2015

Aaron and Sarah's Wedding Quilt

Our cousins Aaron and Sarah were married in 2015.  They enjoy watching Doctor Who together, so I decided to surprise them with this themed quilt:


The center image was made using a pattern by Hunter's Design Studio - Relatively DimensionalThe border includes some Doctor Who fabric from Spoonflower, and then some special embroidered bits. 

One corner has this image:    Which translates to "Aaron and Sarah" in Gallifreyan, the language of Doctor Who.    I used an online translator to generate the image, then I embroidered it.  


Another corner includes Aaron and Sarah's names, and also a famous saying from Doctor Who:  "a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff"



The back includes rows of left over blocks and fabric.
  Here we are unveiling the quilt top - it took me a few extra months to finish the quilting.



I've long been connected with "little" cousin Aaron.  He was a very smart little boy, very interested in math and science concepts, and I always enjoyed interacting with him at family reunions.  As young adult we talked about programming, because I was also a programmer.  (He has since far surpassed my math, science and programming knowledge!)

Now as a grown up man, he found a likewise very smart and wonderful woman to love.  Sarah is sweet and warm with my cousin Aaron, she's a great addition to our extended family and I adore them both.
The word of the day!   Photo by Nicki Fietzer

Here's to a long and wonderful marriage, you love birds!

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment