Monday, January 21, 2019

Valentines




Pieced hearts, hand embroidery, machine quilted to card stock.  Completed January 2019  Size approx. 5" x 6" each. Made for the week 2 challenge in Project Quilting season 10 - Red, White and Blue 


I made some paper pieced hearts (the ones with the white background, and also a few crazy quilt hearts.  I added hand embroidery. 


 The backgrounds are created by gluing some dictionary pages to card stock (those old dictionaries were about to be thrown away at work - they are in bad shape, so I love giving them new life.)  I padded the hearts a little by placing a small bit of batting under them before using fancy stitches on my machine to 'quilt' the heart to the card stock.  The dots are glitter glue, then I cut the edges using decorative edge scissors.  The back shows the stitching and the cut edge: 

            Its taken me quite some time to get comfortable in our 'new' hometown - since we moved to New York City 4 years ago.  This year, I finally have some new friends (book club and quilting) to whom I can give a valentine.  Friendship is so important.  
Peace. 





4 comments:

  1. Pretty 10.2 project. These will make lovely valentines to your new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful! What a sweet surprise for your new friends. i'm glad you're settling in ;)

    ReplyDelete