Sunday, January 26, 2020

Blue Wave



"Blue Wave" - paper pieced, machine free motion quilted. 12"x12".  Completed on Jan 26 2020, for Project Quilting season 11 - Team Colors challenge 

My team is DEMOCRATS. 

I drafted my own wave pattern because I didn't want to use the traditional wave created with a snails trail  like this: 






They do look like waves, but I wanted a gentler angle (not 45 degree)   so I drafted something like this:   This is just my first sketch.  I don't have the final version because I used it as my foundation for paper piecing:  


After piecing, I machine quilted all over with the word 'vote'



I'm team Democrat in the upcoming elections - I hope there is a blue wave, but I also would be fine with squeaking by with a small majority.  Just win.  Watching the GOP obstruct a fair trial in the impeachment hearings, I want them all out.  

VOTE! 

peace
Paula

6 comments:

  1. Another powerful entry...love the design, quilting, and message conveying the importance of voting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mel. I love these 1 week prompts and the push to create something quickly. You do good work too

      Delete
  2. Nice job on drafting a gentler wave for your PQ 11.2 challenge. Quilting in words is SEW much fun! Thanks for the reminder that we should all vote in the upcoming election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this piece! I would LOVE if everyone went out and VOTED! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete